Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Praying for 30 days- day 4

Today's verse from my book Today I pray by Stonecroft ministries is Proverbs 14:12. I also will include Proverbs 12:15, Luke 18:11, and Romans 8:13.

"There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death"

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,
But he who heeds counsel is wise."


" The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector."

"For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live."

Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus, I pray that You will destroy any false ideas that _______ has about Jesus Christ and salvation from Him

All four of these verses show how easy it is for the natural man to go his own way. The natural man's ways are prideful and the complete opposite of who God is. According to the Romans 8:13 passage, those who follow the ways of the flesh will die. Living your life based off of anything else other than the Gospel are false ideas. Those who gain life are those who humble themselves or as Romans 8:13 states allowing the Spirit to work in your life. It is quite humbling for me to think of all those times that I put my own ways before God's that He still accepts me because of what Jesus did on the cross.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top