Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feeling like Jacob

Lately, I have been feeling overwhelming blessed by God. His promises are real and He is so faithful.
Psalm 32:8-9
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye. 

 Do not be like the horse or like the mule,
Which have no understanding,
Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle,
Else they will not come near you.

 John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will[a] have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
2 Samuel 22:31
 As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

All of these are promises from God and He has shown me that He keep these promises in situations in my life just like He did with Jacob. 
In Genesis 27 verse 41, it says that Esau hated Jacob because their father blessed Jacob instead of him. After Esau was done mourning for his father, he was going to kill Jacob. Rebekah of course overhears this and tells Jacob to flee to Laban, her brother and not to come back until his brother's anger has subsided. She also told him to find myself a wife among their family. 
In Chapter 28, Jacob is on his way fleeing from his brother and settles down for the night between Beersheba and Haran. He falls asleep and as we all know, he has a dream of angels going up and down a staircase from heaven. Then he hears God's voice telling him the same promise that He kept with his grandfather Abraham and father Isaac. This is the land I have given to you and your descendants will multiply and scatter everywhere. But the verse I that was the best one was verse 15 
  Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you.”

I am with you and keep you wherever you go. Jacob woke up energized and made an oath to God to saying he will keep the promise God has made with him and his family.
In the next chapter, Jacob continues on his journey and comes to some shepherds and their sheep. He asks where they are from and if they knew of Laban. They responded they were from Haran and did know of Laban. As he was talking, Rachel, Laban's daughter came up with her father's sheep. Jacob waters her sheep for her. He approaches her and kisses her and weeps. He tells her that he is her father's relative and that Rebekah's son. 
Imagine that! Jacob is fleeing for his life away from his family, probably feeling sad and alone. Then God refreshes Jacob on His promise to him promising the land and multiplied descendants. He goes on in faith and runs into his relatives and just wept. It was God continuing to be faithful to Jacob where it just left him humbled and thankful for his faithful covenant keeping God.
That is how I feel. Humbled and thankful for God's promises as He continues to work in my life. As most of you know, I have long to have a baby but God has showed me that it is not His timing right now and that He is directing me where He wants me to go. Recently, Cyrus and I have been talking about kids and making tentative plans. Now I am not pregnant or not trying right now but our conversations were blessings from God, telling me Kristina, I know your heart and my perfect plan for you. Just continue to trust and lean on my promises and where I direct you where you need to go. I am your shield who you can trust in. Dont worry about the things or circumstances in your life that you cant control because I have overcome the world. So thankful : )  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top