Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Thoughts and verses

Countless scripture tell us of our inability to do anything that is of Christ. But God loves us so much that He does not want anyone to perish or go to hell. He beckons everyone to come to Him through people, through His word, through General Revelation, through creation, and what He does through our life experiences. As humans, we have the choice to accept it or be prideful and say NO. God knows who will say yes and who will say NO but still beckoning everyone.

I also found more verses
1 Cor 12:3
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

I know how this scripture is used to show or tell that there were people misleading the Corinth church but it shows that if we are a Christian, we would not curse God and that the Holy Spirit helps us to recognizes who God is.

Ps 95:7b-11
Today, if you will hear His voice:
“Do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion,
As in the day of trial in the wilderness,
When your fathers tested Me;
They tried Me, though they saw My work.
For forty years I was grieved with that generation,
And said, ‘It is a people who go astray in their hearts,
And they do not know My ways.’
So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”

Israel did not trust God and fell away and hardened their hearts even after all God did for them. God was definitely sad. He disciplines them by not seeing the Promise Land, but He also knew that at the end He would be glorified so we have a choice to ignore His voice and hardened our hearts or to listen to what He is saying to us and shows us.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top