Sunday, August 23, 2015

Dear Anna Duggar

Dear Anna,
I am so sorry that you and Josh have to go through this extremely difficult time. The pain you must be feeling is beyond words. I am praying for you guys knowing that the both of you are going to have to go through so much to find healing and renewal. Even though the information I have gotten about your feelings is a source, I think you are being a very good wife. Keep drawing near to God and His word. I pray and hope that you have someone to help you process what you are feeling through this. It is most definitely ok to talk to someone other than your husband.
 
In my own life I have experienced some love ones who have struggled with sexual sins. It was surprising and hurtful all at once. Sometimes I blame other people or sometimes myself for the decisions that they have made. But I can't do that. Yes I have a responsibility in the relationships I have with them but their decisions were only their problems. It is only my problem because they are my love ones but they have to ultimately deal with their problems with God. I knew that I had to reevaluate my feelings towards them when I heard what they did and the hurtful things they said to me. Through time and tons of prayer and time in God's word, what was revealed to me that I was not the person I thought I was and I really struggled with my relationship with them. I really had to lean on God's grace to be there for them when I really did not want to. I have recently only discovered after much time and communication with them what I needed to do.
 
In return I guess I encourage you to not give up on Josh. Even though my source is only through a tv show and friends of mine that have actually spent sometime with your  husband's family, Josh really seems like a great guy that has chosen to indulge in the things of this world. As you know already, to be a Christian wife is a big thing! We have a huge responsibility for our husbands. The verse I always hang onto is 1 Peter 3:1-2, 
"Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear." 
All we can do is focus on what we have to do through Christ's strength in us. Josh needs someone to tell him that they love him even when he is not being very lovable. I know that is extremely hard right now because you are hurt and angry. I don't even know from my situations how much hurt you feel. But I do know that drawing near to God got (and still getting) me through my situation. I know Satan wants to put every thought into your head but give him 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 ("For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ"). He wants you to fail but we have the cross. I am pushing for you guys. 
 
Also there is a website that helps people like you and josh called xxxchurch

Praying always
Your sister in Christ
Kristina

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top