Friday, January 22, 2016

Where Grace and Faith Meet- Me

I bet a lot of us can remember those times when God gives us a refresher on something that He has taught us and combines it with something that we are currently learning now. That is what happened for me this week.
 
Ever since I can remember, I have always just wanted to be a mommy. When I got married, my husband wanted to wait for have kids. It was really hard to take because I thought he was being unreasonable. But through that time God gave me some promises to hold onto.
 
1)  His way is perfect. 2 Samuel 22:31
"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is shield to all who trust in Him."
 
2) He knows all my days and has a plan for them. Psalm 139:16-17
"Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!"
 
3) He instructs and guides me in the way He wants me to go. Psalm 32:8-9
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding, which must be harnessed with bit and bridle, else they will not come near you."
 
4) A gentile and quiet spirit does work. 1 Peter 3:1-6
"Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives,  2 when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. 3 Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— 4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 5 For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, 6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror."
 
These promises got me through five years of waiting until He graciously gave me my amazing daughter.
 
What I have shared with you this past month is something God has taught me. He showed me that I needed to actively apply what I have written.
 
So first of all remember faith is two things from Hebrews 11:1,6
1) Having hope in things that are not seen
or having a heavenly perspective
 
and
 
2) Believing that God exists and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him 
 
But through grace, we still have to seek Him every day while waiting on Him. His grace will enable us to have faith to rest in Him with the day-to-day and the long-term.
 
 
This last week I had a pregnancy "scare" (lets use that loosely though). I was past due over for four days. During those days I was left in uncertainty on what to do. Yes, I have started to think about having another one but my husband is not quite ready yet. So all the feelings I felt before all started to come up again. But then my blog posts came to mind.
 
Just like Abraham and Moses, you and I need to have faith in the promises that God has given to us over and over while we wait. We also need to put our faith in God so during those hard times, you and I can resubmit to our husbands again just like Sarah. In the long-term, God knows the bigger picture and wants to reward us. All you and I need to do is put our faith in Him and diligently seek Him holding to the promises He has given to us.
 
What about the day-to-day living while waiting? Through His grace, He can help us refocus on what is important in the here in now.
 
1) Release those things that you can't control
     I can't control my body or my husband. Only God is in control. He is the God of Psalm 139,
       He knows my sitting down and my rising up...He comprehends my path and is acquainted with all my ways...His hand shall lead me and His right hand shall hold me
 
2) Be content now with what you have
     God has given me an amazing 18 month old that I need to cherish my time with. I need to redeem  the time because the days are evil. Each and every one of us has someone God has given to us. Lets us be content in what He has given to us.
 
3) Hold onto the promises God has already given to us
I will never forget those verses that God gave to me when I had to wait on Him. His word is life changing hold onto His words
 

 
God is forever faithful. Yes, it was a rough week but I can now continue on in faith, as I wait, that He knows when it is best for my husband and I to have another one. I don't have to do it alone because His grace surrounds me day by day moment by moment through His word. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness. 


 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top