Monday, July 8, 2013

The 4th of July

In light of the events of our government and country and personally what God has been doing in my life through His word, I felt that this year Cyrus and I need to read the constitution on the 4th of July. It was interesting but also rewarding as we read it. Hehe we did not even finished it. Cyrus had to explain alot of it to me which I think exhausted him : P But it was alot of fun and produce alot of conversation. My thoughts are going to be brief but to the point because I am still trying to learn about this: I dont think President Obama has a big part as much as we think he does when it comes to with whats going on. Now what do I mean by that? I believe that as a country and our country's leaders have allowed over time through the Great Depression, World War I and II, rules and laws to falter morally. What is also sad is how, as the church, we appear we dont care or do little about it. How does a nation or group of people falter morally? They forsake God. Other things get in the way and become more important. There are too many distractions. It does not rock our little world so we dont feel convicted enough. I know I am gulity of that.
I have been reading a book called Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy which by the way is AMAZING!! The burden that this man had for the spiritual welfare of Germany during Nazi Germany was HUGE. He was constantly in the word, seeking God's face in prayer, even apart of a church that separated from the church of Germany and started his own seminary discipling people in God's word and in their current circumstances. He read Jeremiah and felt what he felt. So that made me want to read Jeremiah also. It has convicted me on a level that I dont think I fully grasp yet where God wants to take me with it. But there are a few verses that have caught my eye that I believe relates to us as a nation.

“For My people have committed two evils:
They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters,
And hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water." Jeremiah 2:13

"...'Your own wickedness will correct you,
And your backslidings will rebuke you.
Know therefore and see that it is an evil and bitter thing
That you have forsaken the Lord your God,
And the fear of Me is not in you,'
Says the Lord God of hosts."  Jeremiah 2:19


" 'Your ways and your doings
Have procured these things for you.
This is your wickedness,
Because it is bitter,
Because it reaches to your heart.' "  Jeremiah 4:18


Like I said I am still learning more about this and God is guiding me to something but this is something I want to challenge myself with too. What stops me from making a difference in this world where people see God and not themselves?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top