Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Top 5 Tuesday- LO's Favorite books

My little one loves looking at books! She has so many toys, but she always seems to wander over to the bookshelf and look at her books. I am happy about that because I am not one of those moms who wanted to be intentional about reading to her little ones. But my little one has made it very easy. And I guess you can say I love the books we have gotten for her because they can be very action oriented and I love that! So here they are!

5) Anything with nursery rhymes
I think my mother in law had a hand in this because she always enjoyed reading the nursery rhyme books that she had. I got one at the Goodwill called Hickory, Dickory, Dock and other favorite nursery rhymes which has been big and colorful pictures that she likes to look at while I cite our favorite nursery rhymes. We also got a book that has a CD where it encourages her to read along. We listen to it in the car which she just relaxes to and sits in the backseat quietly.

4) Ten Tiny Toes by Caroline Jayne Church
This book is so cute! It has a big pictures and a cute baby! She has not catch on with the motions yet or where all her body parts are. But I do get her attention when I say each part of the body and show her where everything is at on her and I both. It reminds me of the Head Shoulders Knees and Toes song. Super fun book!  I totally would love to get her the other books with the same author.

3) Any books with flaps
Peekaboo Kisses and Hello, Baby a lift-the-flap book are two books I recently got at our library bookstore at super great prices. In Peekaboo Kisses by Barney Saltzberg, she lifts up the flaps to an animal giving kisses which also give many textures for her to feel. The last page is her favorite. It is a surprise for her after all the animals. Hello, Baby has cute little babies under the flaps. She loves finding the babies under the flaps as the book asks her where the baby sleeps or what the baby eats. It gives her options on what to flip and shows her where animals sleeps or what other animals eat. Kinda cool.

2) Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
My little one loves this book! This is another one that my mother in law showed me. I don't even know why she likes this book so much, but every time she sees it, she wants to read it. Maybe it has to do with it being a big board book. I really don't know why, but this is one of her favorites.

1) The four Helen Oxenbury baby books
I cannot tell you how much my little one loves these books! There are four books with these same babies that just seem to grab her attention. Personally they look like man babies to me but when she sees them, she recognizes them. We have 3 out of the 4. The first one we got is called Clap Hands. I put actions with the book and every time I say certain words she can do the action even when we don't have the book open. I have the entire book memorized and could "read" the book anywhere.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top