Friday, September 18, 2015

Ok first I need to confess to you as my reader that I failed miserably after I wrote yesterday's post. I started to watch all the videos I could find about the election on Fox News. It led me to getting so angry and frustrated because no one seems to get it. No one is liking a candidate based off of the issues but on how the candidates responded to another candidate. I was saying inappropriate ungodly things. My husband had to tell me I had enough that watching those videos were not helping. I went upstairs to go to bed and God humbled my heart as I cried out to Him in repentance.

My worldly episode made me really think and pray about more of what I was feeling yesterday. I have the desire to teach my little one to see her need in Christ so that she will be able to see others despite their cultural differences as she sees her own need. But as I prayed that, the Lord pressed on my heart that is exactly what I am wanting for myself and this nation. Like I said yesterday, it takes one person to make difference.

Since I have learned about the power of God's word in my life, I have always tried to back myself up with scripture. I am not consistent enough as I want to but God is faithful and continues to show me the importance of it. The scripture He directed me to was John 13:34-35

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Loving others only comes from Christ in me. I desire for Christ's love for me to compel me to make a difference in people's lives concerning the gospel. It is the only thing that will change this nation. It is also the way for my little one to see what that looks like for her own life. I need to hold onto this scripture and humbly allow myself to be directed by it.

Dear Lord,
You warned us that the world was going to hate us because they first hated you. It should not be a surprise to me because the things of you are foolishness to those who are perishing. Instead of getting angry, help me Lord to humble myself to allow your love to work in me so I can put others first. It is hard because things like anger and laziness get in the way but Lord you have overcome those things and in result I have too. Help that, Lord, to penetrate my heart and mind so I can make a difference in my own daughter's life and the world's. Dear Lord I also lift up this election and the direction you have for it. You know who will be in the office next year. But Lord my hope and prayer that somehow through this election that people will see how you will be glorified because of one person showing love as you showed love. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness and your word. Help us to allow that to transform our lives. In Jesus' name Amen
   

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top