Thursday, November 20, 2014

Favorite Friday- Crockpot meals

Recently, a new favorite thing of mine is making crock-pot meals. Since my husband works in the food business, he eats at work. Crock-pot meals are super nice to have because they can last for two to three days. My ultimate goal was to find something my husband would like on the days he has off, but it ended up that I liked them more! I have tried three recipes so far which I would like to share with you.
 
Crock-pot Meal #1
This one I made up myself. All you need is:
  • 3 bone in chicken breasts
  • 2 cups of chicken broth
  • 2 cans of white beans
  • half of pack of bacon
  • Italian seasoning (as much as you like)
 
Combine all the ingredients in the crock-pot and put on low all day. It will be ready by dinner time.
 
 
 
Crock-pot Meal #2
I got this one from someone else's blog
The only thing I changed on this was the steak sauce. I am currently milk free because of my little one and the steak sauce had traces of milk in it, which I did not realize when I brought it. Instead, I put 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth. It made it a little more soupy, which I wanted. Right before I served it, I added my 5 minute rice and allowed it to cook a little while. This thicken it up nicely. I served it with a side salad.
 
Crock-pot Meal #3
I got also got this one from the Taste of Home website.
Now, I will admit this was kinda disappointing the first time around. But, when I reheated it for the 2nd and 3rd time it tasted so much better. I think I did not like it at first because it had a strong I-am-eating-spaghetti taste to it which I don't like much at all. I think reheating it allowed the other flavors to mix and have a less tomato sauce taste. I used red peppers instead of green and did not add the celery.   

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top