Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Top 5 Tuesday- What I Am Thankful For

I am thankful for:
 
5)The ability to express myself with words
Ever since I watched Harriet the Spy, I have always enjoyed writing. I have started many stories (which, of course, never got finished) and have written in whatever journal I could get my hands on since I was 12. I believe it is a gift God has given me in order to glorify Him by blessing others. I hope to get better as I continue to write more and more. I hope one day I get to write a book or be a contributor to a book.

4) The experiences I have had in life: the jobs I've had and the places I have been
My dad was in the Air Force until I was 16 years old. Through those 16 years, I lived in many different countries including England and Turkey. Even after my family settled down when my dad retired, I then moved on to 4 other places. These have helped shape me to be the person I am today. Traveling from place to place has made me more flexible and more family-oriented. As I have grown, I have had to move because of jobs. Once, I worked a job where I had to travel around the East Coast setting up a three screen multi-media production in schools that told kids the choices they made today affected their tomorrow. I have also worked at a group home. In both places, I could clearly see how God was working in me. Without those experiences, I would not be the daughter, wife, daughter-in-law, or mom that I am today.
    
3)My Husband and LO (Little One)
My husband and I met seven years ago, and it was a God thing. We compliment each other and because of that he challenges me everyday to be the best help meet for him. It is so exciting to see how God has used our relationship to make us both grow. I am thankful that he takes seriously providing for our family in order that I might be a stay at home mom. His unique sense of humor makes me laugh. He is my man!
My LO has rocked my world! She is a gift from God. She has such a spunky personality for 4 months. When she smiles and turns her head in glee, it melts my heart every time. I am so excited that God gave her to me to mold and teach her to be a better person than I am. 
I love both of them to death and would do anything for them.
     
2) My Family
My family is my rock. We have been through thick and thin. They were the only ones who loved and accepted me as we moved from place to place. Because of that, we are super close. We did everything together! I am a daddy's girl. I would have rather watched and learned from him working on the car than going to shop class. He is the level-headed one in our family : ) My mom is my constant companion. We are both so opinionated. I don't know how dad handles us : ) My big little brother is my constant friend even though I am such a bad sister and don't call him as much as I should. I am so proud of him and have always been jealous of his creativity and numerous giftings. Love you guys.
 
1) God's Grace
I am NOTHING apart from the grace of God. It is through His grace that I am able to make it day by day. It is His grace that made me see I am a horrible self-centered person, but that He loves me all the same. I am so thankful that Christ came on this earth to die for me and conquered death through raising from the dead that His grace would be bestowed upon me. I only write because of His grace. I have been to all the places I have been and have had the jobs that I have had because of His grace. I am the wife and mother that I am because of His grace. I have the family that I have because of His grace. Who I am is because of His grace. I am thankful for that.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top