Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Praying for 30 days- day 23

Ephesians 4:27 but also including verse 26
"Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil"

Father, I pray that ________ will cease giving a foothold to Satan. (Today I Pray Stonecroft Ministries)

Anger can sometimes be such a complex emotion. For starters it is only a result of another feeling. When I feel powerless, I get angry. When I disappoint someone I care about, I get angry. When I get defensive, I get angry. There are even times when I can start out feeling one emotion and only after I get angry, I start feeling other emotions. Anger not pleasing to God can be a gateway for many bad feelings especially not dealing with it. This is when Satan can take advantage of it and make it a foothold in your life.
I also feel like in situations of anger with nonbelievers, it makes it sometimes longer and harder to come to Christ. That is why it is so important as believers to be patient and show love to those who have held onto anger for so long. I believe it is solely in God's hands when someone has been so angry for so long to change their hearts. We just need to draw near to God through prayer and His word to strengthen us to deal with these people. It is possible through God.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top