Sunday, December 13, 2015

Praying for 30 days- day 28

I can't believe I am almost done with this book, Today I pray by Stonecroft ministries. It has been such a growing experience and I can wait to see how God continues to work through this even after it's over.

Throughout the pages of this book and the verses it has given, a lot of them have directed us back to the power of God's word. The power that it has to change lives. I know that it has changed my life. It is real to me. It challenges me even when I am stubborn and rather do it my way. But as day 28's verses states, it sets us free.

 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
33 They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, You will be made free?”
34 Jesus answered them, Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Our world has grown to hate truth. Truth makes people feel uncomfortable. It challenges them. Sometimes it hurts their egos. Most court cases are about people who are offended by truth. Just listen to the news. But their "truth" only makes them enslaved to themselves and people's opinions. God's truth sets us free from all that. All we have to do is abide in it. That's it! At my job at the group home for court appointed teens, my boss challenged one of the young girls I worked with to read the book of Mark. This particular book of the Bible changed his life and because of it, he became a Christian. Her response was that she didn't want to read it because she was afraid that she would have to change her life. People know that there is something about God and His word but don't want to be set free. There is power when you read God's word. 

The greatest freedom when one reads God's word is that they can become a son or daughter of God. They will be apart of the family of God. They can live life free from this world and live life more abundantly. It is only by God's word and recognizing it as the only truth.

Lord, I ask that You will set _______ free and that _______ will know freedom indeed.   

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top