Thursday, December 3, 2015

Praying for 30 days- day 24

 
Today was a rough day emotionally for me. I constantly had to bring myself back to grace by drawing near to God thorough His Word. Today's scripture brought me back to perspective on who I am in Christ.

Ephesians 4:22-24 and including Roman 7:6, 24-8:1
" that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness."

" But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter...O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."

Lord, I pray that ________ will put off his/her former way of life, to be made new in the attitude of his/her mind; and to put on the new self, created to be like You, God in true righteousness and holiness.

Through believing what Christ did when He died on the cross, we become new people. We have a new attitude and renewed mind. Through His grace and strength, we put away the old ways of bad attitudes or strangling sins and put on Christ by living in the Spirit. We no longer have to try to do things on our own. We have the Spirit that works in us. Even when we mess up, we know that there is no condemnation but grace. We know reminding of ourselves of the new man every day helps us to live the life that God has called us to live. We need to hold on to the promises that we have been given through His word, to be holy and set apart. It is clearly only through Him.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top