Friday, December 4, 2015

Praying for 30 days- day 25

So after I wrote my blog yesterday, it was as if God showered me with some extra grace. I read some blogs that really encouraged me. I made the last switch on my blog as you can see to Progressing through Grace. Then my husband came home and I was still awake. We got to spend some time with each other without the t.v before we went to bed. Super awesome! Then I read today's verse from my Today I pray book by Stonecroft Ministries and it defined the desires of my heart when I choose to live by grace.
Luke 14:25-27
" Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them, 26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. 27 And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple."

Father, I pray that ________ will make a genuine commitment to Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior of his/her life.

I think this verse and prayer did not agree with each other in my mind today. This book that I have done the past month is for people to pray using scripture for those who are not saved. The prayer was clearly for both saved and unsaved but those who are saved could use this scripture only. I could personally relate to this scripture.
We need to want to completely give everything over to God and take up our crosses by always saying yes to God. That means as a Christian, we have to give everybody that we care for so much over to God. If we don't, we can not serve God completely. We are holding back. That includes that long waited for baby or husband. That includes life circumstances that don't seem fair. God had gone before us. He knows what we need and in that we need to trust in Him.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top