Sunday, November 15, 2015

Praying for 30 days- day 13

Today's scripture from my book Today I Pray by Stonecroft ministries is 1 Corinthians 1:18.
"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Father, I pray that _________ will understand that the only hope for forgiveness and acceptance from You is through Jesus' work on the cross.

Jesus' work on the cross is more than a one time experience. It is suppose to change our lives as Christians. It brings us many capabilities that we would not be able to do on our own strength.
Here are some examples of the power that comes from Jesus dying on the cross.
1) the power of God brings us to salvation- Romans 1:16
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek"

2) the power of God is there in our weakness- 2 Corinthians 12:9
"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

3) the power of God is given to us pertaining to life and ungodliness- 2 Peter 1:3
"as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,"

4) the power of God saved us to receive forgiveness and an inheritance- Acts 26:18
"To open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me."

I want to finish with this song that is currently one of my favorites.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top