Friday, November 27, 2015

Praying for 30 days- day 20

Matthew 11:28-30
" Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Father, help _______ to come to You for that true soul rest.
(Today I pray, Stonecroft ministries)

I am going to share a story about a friend of mine who came to mind when I saw this prayer today. They grew up in a very conservative home. They were taught to focus on being that good Christian. Their parents discouraged any questions that they would have that questioned what the Bible taught. In result communication was stifled and things were hidden from their parents. To this day my friend thinks the reason why their relationship with their parents are bad is because of their parent's religion. 
My friend is burdened by their false ideas and traditions that are not completely based off of God's word. For one to have complete rest, they need to let go of their own ideas and traditions that go contrary to the Bible. It is so easy to hold onto those church traditions that we grew up with and not even realize that they are not biblical. Traditions contrary to the Bible bring conflict, strife, and contradictions which result in being burdened by doing things in one's own strength.
So instead of leaning on those traditions, we need to take Jesus up on His offer and give those traditions to Him. We need to draw near to Him through His word and allow Him to sift our hearts to empty us and be completely burden free.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top