Sunday, November 22, 2015

Praying for 30 days- day 17

Today's scripture from my book Today I pray by Stonecroft ministries is Jeremiah 24:7.
"Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart

Father, give _______ a heart to know You. Draw _______'s whole heart to You.

I am going to split this verse in three sections to meditate on it in a different way.

"Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord..."
This is God's doing not our part. God is the Lord of our lives even people who are not Christians. Each person is created to glorify God. Some people will never be saved but was used to bring someone else closer to Him. Others do become saved through God giving them a heart to want to know Him more. It is Him who gave us the desire to know Him as our personal Lord and Savior. Non-Christians can be given that desire but it is only through Him.

"they shall be My people..."
In order for someone to be apart of God's people, they need to know Him. There has to be a relationship. That relationship once again points to God giving that us that desire to know Him. I am so thankful that He is the Lord of my life and gave me the desire in order for me to be apart of His people. I hope and pray for the same for my love ones.

"I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart."
So because God is the Lord of all of our lives and gives us the desire to know Him so that we can be apart of His people, that desire allows us to come to Him with our whole heart. It is still His working in us even though we are making the move to come to Him. Isn't that freeing when it comes to praying for those who we love and long for to come to Him? When we do give seek Him with our whole heart, our entire being, we will get to know Him.

So my challenge for you is to think of that person(s) that your heart aches for, the one you long for them to listen to the beckoning voice of God and pray for God's perfect timing and perfect will to move their hearts to want to know Him more. Pray also that God will put a peace in your heart to know that it is only Him that can move that person's heart.
  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top