Sunday, November 1, 2015

Praying for 30 days- day 1


Last month I went to a lady's retreat with my church. It was such a blessing to be around the women who were so real about their faith and who really want to glorify God. One of the women led prayer by always using scripture as she prayed. On the last day she handed out these books called Today I Pray by Stonecroft ministries. I believe God has been showing me that I need to show truth to others by loving them especially when it comes to our country and my love ones who don't have a relationship with God. I believe that going before God in prayer and releasing it to Him is a step I need to proceed on. So here is the first day of praying for 30 days.

The scripture that the book gives first is Psalm 139:13-16.

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;[a]
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

Here is the prayer that they gave:
God, thank You for _____, who was fearfully and wonderfully made by You. Thank you, Father, that you knit _____ together in his/her mother's womb and his/her frame was not hidden from You. Thank You, Lord, that all the days ordained for _____ have been written in Your book before one of them had come to be.

I find it amazing that the book started out with this verse. This is always a constant reminder for me as I pray that God is the God of Psalm 139. That He is the God is ultimately in control of my life and the lives of others. Every single one of my days are written down and He knows every single one. My heart is still beating because He is in control. My lungs keep taking in oxygen and letting out carbon dioxide because He is in control. Knowing this and trusting in this and praying this helps me to acknowledge that He is in control of the person that I am praying for. That I don't have to fret or worry but realize they are still alive breathing because God has allowed it. I am so encouraged by this verse and it is my prayer this month to hold onto this verse as I continue to pray for other people with other scripture. This verse will be a foundation for all the others. If I can simply let go because of what this verse says, I can trust God with the people in my life.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top