Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Praying for 30 days- day 14

The scripture from my book Today I pray by Stonecroft ministries is Matthew 11:28-30.
"Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in hear, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Lord Jesus, I pray that ________ will feel and know the burden of sin and will come to You for forgiveness, rest for his/her soul and salvation.

Today's scripture is Jesus talking about the Jews who continue to live by their own traditions and reject who He is as the Messiah. Jesus even came to their towns and preached to them but they still rejected Him. He told them come to me who are labor and heavy laden with your own way of living. It is exhausting but I can give you rest. You can learn from Me when you give up the burden of your sins that you continue to carry. You can find rest for your souls.
 It is the same for those people who continuously try to handle life on their own. Bad things continue to happen where they just feel so burdened with life because no matter what they try to do, it never lessens the heaviness. They just continue living life the way they want to but they don't get that won't make them happy. They have heard God's word but they have not applied it to their lives. They have not said yes to Him yet. Jeus cries out to us to accept Him at His word. He is for real. Life can be easier when you know that He is there holding your burdens. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top