Saturday, November 14, 2015

Praying for 30 days- day 12

In light of the terrorists attacks in
Paris yesterday I feel like this prayer and scripture is appropriate to the needs of people in this nation. What happen in Paris was very sad and disheartening. It brings home the reality of sin in this world and our despite need of a Savior. My first reaction was in anger towards our President because he doesn't care about what is going on and we are next. In fact I think he enjoys it but that's not the point. The point is that I was wrong and God reminded me of that quickly. He is still in control. He knows what is going to happen. I too also know what is ultimately going to happen which is destruction of this world. It is inevitable. But the question is how am I going to react? What am I going to do? Before I share the verse from my book (Today I Pray by Stonecroft ministries), I want to share this verse also found in 2 Peter 3:10-14.
" But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;" 

I and Christians today to be holy in conduct and godliness and to be found by Him in peace without spot and blameless. When we seek that through drawing near to Him through prayer and His word, automatically we should want to tell others about who He is which leads me to the verse in the book found in Romans 10:14 including also verse 17.
" How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?...So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

How can people truly know who He is if we don't go out and tell them about it. But I thought I would include verse 17 because their faith comes from them hearing from someone but someone who preaches the Gospel through God's word. It always always always comes back to hearing and reading God's word. Even as I write that, I believe it but it doesn't impact my life as much as I want it to be. It frustrates me that I still hold onto the things of this world. But I do know God's word truly does save people's lives. It is the only thing that will save our nation. It is the only thing that will help us to survive if anything happens. We just have to be faithful to read it and read it to others.

Father, I pray that You will send people continually into _______'s life who will proclaim the Gospel clearly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top