Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Day 6 #31daysLWSZ- Hungry Girl

Day five was a very simple day. Eating out is probably one of the hardest thing when it comes to this challenge or even just being on a budget. It is one of the first things that seem to go.
 
Ruth challenged us to eat out at home and gave us many recipes for food from various restaurants. My hubbie and I don't really don't do that too much. It got me thinking of what food I actually miss from restaurants that I like. My mind went straight to Hungry Girl. It is an amazing website that gives you healthier alternatives. She has a email that she sends out what feels like everyday. The details of the emails range from what things or meals to avoid at restaurants to new items you should get at the store.
 
My all time favorite copycat recipe is her orange chicken. Amazing. Instead of frying the chicken after you bread it, you put it in the oven which actually does taste good. The sauce is common Asian ingredients like soy sauce and rice vinegar with orange marmalade. Kinda cool. 
Another recipe I like from her is her spoonable BLT. It is such a simple meal with common ingredients you most likely have in your house. It is exactly what it sounds like. You put turkey bacon (Hungry Girl alternative) for the B, spinach for L, and the tomato soup is the T. She puts diced tomatoes in there, but I am not a fan of that. You then top it off with croutons for the bread. Very simple but very good.

 
The Hungry Girl website also has breakfast in a mug recipes ranging from your basic omelet to a deconstructed sausage mcmuffin.
 
Hungry Girl is a very resourceful website. You should check it out! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top