Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day 7 #31dayLWSZ- Proverbs 31 Woman

The challenge was freezer meals...lets just say I am not a freezer meal gal. Most of the time, mine have not turned out well. To be honest, I am just plain lazy. I just haven't had much luck with them and for something I am not very excited about, I just don't feel like doing it. It kinda makes me feel guilty because I have always desired to be that wife and mom that comes up with ways to be more resourceful and save some money. I want to start a garden with the .65 acre of land we just recently bought. I want to be able to write to earn money. I want to make meals that my husband would be excited about eating. All of this makes me think of the Proverbs 31 woman.

This challenge has really made me think about her (the Proverbs 31 woman) and what that means to me. There are some days where I am just so lazy and wish that I had more motivation to do something productive. I know I am not the only one who has felt this way. Is this desire based off of her? Or is it being a product of today's society of constantly always having to being doing something or looking at something? What would the Proverbs 31 women look like today? What about grace in all this? Am I expecting perfection or do I need to step it up? Is there more that I can be doing or is God going to show me in His timing and I just need to be still? Yeah lol I am thinking about all of this just from freezer meals : ) I have always been a person who wants to please. How much pleasing does the Proverbs 31 woman do? Does it come naturally because of her character? I know Ruth is not saying we have to do this and if we don't, we are bad. This is just something that I am thinking about and freezer meals got me there.

I believe I just added another goal to this month: to understand the role of the Proverbs 31 woman and what that means to me right now during this 31 days and as a wife and as a mom. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top