Saturday, October 17, 2015

Life - love = useless

First of all before I get started I am sorry to say that I had to end the Living well spending zero challenge because of unforeseen circumstances but God has still given me a lot to write about. I am excited to share what that is.

Last weekend I went to my church's ladies retreat, and it was a blessing to be around women who were real about who they were but gave God the glory. I really got to know some ladies I saw around church but never thought to talk to. The ladies retreat team even gave us a game of 26 questions to help us to approach all the ladies in order to get to know them. I was able to get to talk to every lady there. It was alot of fun. Very good idea.

The topic was 1 Corinthians 13. I will admit I think 1 Corinthians 13 is kinda cliche but of course I was wrong to jump to the conclusion that God cannot still teach me something from that chapter. And He did just that.

The second session was the one that made the most impact on me. She went over the first three verses. To sum it up would be: life-love=nothing. Starting at verses two, she went over six things that we do can do as Christians stating if we don't have love in anything it is all useless. The one that caught my attention was the gift of prophecy which she stated as speaking truth. It really got me thinking, "Do I speak in love when I speak God's truth?". To be more specific, "Do I speak in love concerning politics online?" or "Do I speak in love when I write on my blog?". Or am I self centered or self glorified? It really got me thinking because I really think I make it all about me and what others think. I have always struggled with this and truly want to be better.

I was so thankful for my weekend away at the retreat but what I didn't realize was that God was going to have me apply showing love sooner than I expected.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top